In January 2011 HarbourLiving.ca asked it's Enewsletter subscribers and website visitors to complete an online survey.
We'd like to thank the 536 readers who took a moment to answer a few short questions, and help us with decisions that will make HarbourLiving.ca an even better resource for Island events information!
Here are the results:
96% Live on Vancouver Island
85% Female and 15% Male
1-20 4 0.75%
21-30 41 7.68%
31-40 84 15.73%
41-50 141 26.4%
51-60 148 27.72%
60+ 116 21.72%
# of people in household
1-2 347 65%
3-5 171 32%
5+ 15 3%
High School 94 17%
College/University 415 78%
Other 40 5%
Subscribers of HLW
94% of people surveyed were subscribers
What type of events are you most interested in? (Check your Top 3)
|Home and Garden||228||42.62%|
|Health and Wellness||219||40.93%|
|Gallery | Exhibitions||178||33.27%|
When do you USUALLY buy tickets to events?
|As soon as it is announced||127||23.83%|
|Several weeks prior to an event||269||50.47%|
|A couple of days prior to an event||143||26.83%|
|The day of the event||25||4.69%|
Which method do you most frequently use to purchase tickets?
|In person from whatever ticket location||144||27.22%|
|Over the phone||156||29.49%|
|Through a website||286||54.06%|
How often do you visit the website:
More than once a week 56 10.57%
Weekly 353 66.6%
Monthly 121 22.83%
How frequently do you click on a banner ad on HarbourLiving.ca to an event or business website?
Never 46 8.66%
Occasionaly 175 32.96%
When I see something that is of interest 310 58.38%
Do you search event listings outside of your own region?
Yes 346 64.55%
No 60 11.19%
Sometimes 130 24.25%
Where do you MOST often find out about events?
|Other print event listing||33||6.17%|
|Posters around town||70||13.08%|
|Word of mouth (friends and family)||124||23.18%|
|Website other than HarbourLiving.ca||34||6.36%|
Here is some of the comments we received:
- I like everything the way it is now. Keep up the Great Work!!!!!
- It's the easiest way to find out about "things" happening and to tell friends and visitors where to check out etc.
- I think it's great. Easy to navigate and pleasing to the eye.
- I enjoy it... it is very informative... It includes lots of diversity in things that interest us.
- I actually signed up right around the time the website started and have always enjoyed how easy it is for me to search for events. I especially like the movie section link. I have told many people about this website.
- Like: it's timely and current; click-throughs to event/organisation websites; everything in one place (rather than trying to figure out what's on during any given week by reading various sources, watching for posters, etc.). Dislike: Well... nothing . Like, like, like! This is my major source for recreational planning.
- Love this site! Keep up the good work. I work at a hotel and it gives me ideas of what to tell tourists to see or check out while they are visiting. It also lets me know ideas that are going on in areas close to where we live that we have not heard about yet. I have 2 young boys and am very busy so the weekly e-mail gives me lots of ideas without having to search for them on my own. Also love the fact that you can look up "family" or "free" events! Thank you!
- I LOVE HarbourLiving! Just moved here from Vancouver, all my friends thought I'd be bored out of my mind but now they come here to events I find via your listings ! Thanks so much.
Click Here for more information on advertising to our Website Visitors and our Enewlsetter subscribers.